Monday, December 29, 2008

the secret

crafts1

lately, my creations had been receiving compliments from family and friends. thanks heaps to everyone who complimented my works for you do encourage me to make more and to strive to be much better in this new craft.

i think one thing that really attracts people to my work are the photos itself (of course, aside from the fact that they are really lovely -- yeah yeah i know the compliments are going into my head now :D). some thought that photography must be another hobby of mine (i wish!). or that maybe i'm using a really good dslr camera for these photos (in my dreams!).

the truth is that as much as i want to learn photography, i just don't get it hehe i swear, i've already borrowed and read so many photography books from the library. but the moment i close the book, i forget what i just read hahaha but then again, maybe i did learn something from those books :D

crafts

and my camera? i guess my photos only prove that you don't really need a dslr to produce really good photos. a good quality point and shoot camera will do. like my camera. i used only a canon powershot a620 to shoot all the photos in my posts.

but of course, i did apply some of the things i learned about photography (so i did learn something!). i read in a photography enthusiasts' forum that part of taking a good photo is the post-processing or editing. no photo is finished unless it went through some post-processing. but unlike the rest of the world, i don't use photoshop. unfortunately, i don't have that software. but, i don't really need it because my post-processing consists only of adding a bit of light or brightness here and there, then some cropping, and of course, my signature. and like any other photographer (ok, i'm pretending to be one now) i do take lots of shots for one single item or subject. of course, out of 20-30 photos taken, only 1 or 2 will turn out good haha

there! that's it! that's the secret to my photos. oh and yeah, the background that i use? that's the floor in our living room :) i'm lucky we have a nice flooring in the living room haha

~.~

3 comments:

Hot Rocks said...

Great photos really make a difference! Your photos are excellent, but your jewelery is very pretty as well!

inyang said...

thanks, hot rocks ... it's a pleasure to be complimented be a very good jewelry artist like you :)

D' Luxe Designs said...

Beautiful jewelry! Your photos are breath taking.