Friday, December 12, 2008

smoky quash

smoky quartz crystals



last thursday night, ebd and i went to a crystal shop in fu lu shou complex along albert street. we've been passing by this place for years now. but of all the shops near our office, i think this is the only one we haven't explored yet. i guess it's because it wasn't really interesting enough for us. the building seems old and from outside it looks as if it's full of shops selling mostly crystals.

crystals. hey, now that we are into beading, i told ebd that i think it's time for us to visit the place. and so we did. and oh boy, we are in crystal heaven haha

inside one of the shops, i found a strand of nice crystals and asked a sales lady what kind of crystal it is. the lady was not very good in speaking english.

me: hi. what's this? (pointing at the crystals)
lady: smokee quash.
me: i'm sorry. again?
lady: smokee quash.
me: uhm. smoky "quash"?
lady: yes, smokee quash.

i was unconvinced. i have never heard of a smoky quash before. i studied minerals in high school and i never learned about any "quash". but still, the crystals are nice and the price is fair enough, so i bought it.

after paying for my purchase and before leaving the store, again i asked the lady about the crystals.

me: what crystal is this again?
lady: smokee quash.

in my mind, i was thinking, which mineral would sound like a "quash"? aha! *lightbulb moment here*

me: is this a smoky quartz???
lady: yes!

haha finally!!!

^_^

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love smoky quartz, pair it with some pink, and it is even better.

inyang said...

hmmm i'd try that ... watch out for the photo here :)

thanks for dropping by, melissa!

Coloraddiction said...

Absolutely stunning. :) I love that color!

inyang said...

thanks, coloraddiction :)